Instrumental, Vocal, and Music Technology Tuition: for small groups and Individual Students
Support your students to progress their musical skills and knowledge of learning and instrument, singing, or through music technology, enabling all to achieve their full musical potential.
Suitable for: KS1 | KS2 | KS3-5 Alternative Provision | SEND | (EYFS)
Cost & subsidy: £48.18 p/hour, £24.09 p/½ hour
Equivalent to £4 per lesson p/pupil (6 pupils per group)
This programme is subsidised through the Music Education Grant
Studying music builds cultural knowledge and creative skills. It improves children’s health, wellbeing and wider educational attainment….Music also enables children to develop the sheer love of expressing themselves through music, discovering their own inner self and being able to develop emotional intelligence and empathy through music.
Music Education: State of the Nation
Choose Small Group and Individual Tuition to:
- Support your students to progress their musical skills and knowledge of learning and instrument, singing, or through music technology.
- Ensure that clear progression routes are available to all young people, enabling all to achieve their full musical potential.
- Support those who need it most (e.g. through use of PP) so that those whose only chance to experience instrumental lessons might be through opportunity provided at school, or those who need additional support for other reasons.
- Raise the cultural profile of the school community through development of school music groups as part of your long-term school music strategy.
Instruments taught include:
|Cornet/Trumpet/Flugal Horn, French Horn/Tenor Horn, Baritone, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba
|Acoustic, Electric, Bass, and Ukulele
|Workshops for GCSE / BTEC students, using Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) for composition (PN schools will need to provide some equipment and support the installation of e.g. BandLab, Cakewalk, Charanaga
|Drum Kit and Orchestral Percussion
|Piano and Keyboard
|Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Harp
|Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Saxophone, Bassoon, Recorders – Descant, Treble, Tenor
Ask about instruments ideal for SEND pupils. We can advise on and help to source adaptive instruments for students who require them
Endangered Instrument Offer:
Cello, Oboe, Bassoon
Cost: £40.18 p/hr, £20.09 per ½ hr
(offer subject to teacher availability and not applicable for mixed groups)
We encourage schools to support students to take up under-subscribed* orchestral instruments with a reduced rate for certain instruments.
- Lesson length usually 30 mins per group/individual
- Minimum booking of 30 minutes per teacher
- Recommended group sizes of 2-6 pupils
- Target age range KS1 – KS5
- Specialist music teacher
- Support pathways towards Arts Awards / DofE Awards etc
- Tutoring for national examination awards e.g. GCSE, BTEC, A Level music (aspects of the course such as performing and composing), and towards ABRSM, Trinity, and Rock School exams etc
- Advice on pathways for engaging in out of school setting musical activities
- Access to group music making the Music Services and CMEH signposted activity at local music centres, county level and national groups
- Annual progress report